The Lower Sarapiquí is a fun section of river the whole family can enjoy. Beginning in the small town of La Virgen, and rolling through the beautiful low-land jungles of Sarapiqui, there are ample oppurtunities to see wildlife, swim, and relax. We start by blasting through the exciting class III “el canyon” then fly through “superman” before floating our way down numerous, fun, class II-III rapids. This section of river gives you plenty of time in between the rapids to catch your breath and take in your surroundings. We stop half way through the tour for tropical fruits and refreshments.
- Price per person (minimum 4 ppl) Class 3: $65
- Lunch is not included in the price price $10 per person
- Transportation round trip from Alajuela -Sarapiquí – Alajuela 12 people to 21 $320
- Price includes river local transportation, rafting with new equipment and professional guides. Snacks on the river.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
En caso de requiera una hora especial, por favor no dude en comunicarse con nosotros al teléfono 88051100 ó al 87298739.
Participants need to register at our office before the trip. After registration you will be given the corresponding equipment and instruction.
- Equipment for participants.
- Snacks or lunch on the river depending on the tour.
- All river logistics from our base
- INS policy.
- Certified guides.
Transportation to our base of operation is not included in the cost of the tour.
- Positive energy
- Long sleeve
- Swim suite
- Board shorts
- River shoes (Tennis or sandals with back strap)
- Water proof camera or go pro
Selva Whitewater Adventures, Rafting Sarapiquí, is located in La Virgen de Sarapiquí, Heredia Costa Rica. 170m North and 500m East from the Gas Station Alfa y Alfa, La Virgen de Sarapiquí
There are two routes: San Jose highway 32 or from Alajuela highway 126. Each route takes about 1 hour y 50 min.
Bus services. La Virgen de Sarapiquí
- San José-Puerto Viejo Sarapiquí https://yoviajocr.com/bus/san-jose-puerto-viejo-de-sarapiqui
- Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí- La Virgen https://crjlavirgen.es.tl/Como-llego-a-La-Virgen.htm